May was a stellar month for closings at NextHome SunRaye Realty! Not only do we take pride in working to ensure a streamlined transaction process whether our clients are buying or selling, but it’s our specialty to assist our Tampa Bay neighbors in selling their homes quickly while maximizing their investment. Here are some of our May sales that sold in record time on market:
- 8023 Edison Ave N, Tampa : 31 DOM
- 11859 Dunster Lane, Parrish: 35 DOM
- 9617 North 12th Street, Tampa: 18 DOM
- 15104 Kestrelrise Drive, Lithia: 28 DOM
- 10201 Courtney Palms Boulevard, #304, Tampa: 15 DOM
- 2751 Delaney Court, Palm Harbor: 15 DOM
Generally, it’s wise to consider every offer to purchase your home and avoid rushing into a contract with the first one that appears to check all the boxes. In the seller’s market that we find ourselves in today, it’s wise to give all potential buyers a chance to put their best foot forward when competing for the sales contract on your home. A multiple offer situation is what every seller wishes for. This is very possible when a home is competitively priced. However, the amount of days your home spends on market matters as well, and it’s the reason why you want to partner with an experienced and knowledgeable real estate professional when marketing your home for sale. Here’s why the days on market statistic is important to home sellers, home buyers, and both the listing and buyer’s agents:
- The days on market (DOM) statistic is an indicator of local market activity. It reflects the length of time on the market before a home sells. It can vary from zip code to zip code, neighborhood to neighborhood, and from one price range to another. This information can assist a home owner in planning their sale and determining how much time they will need to find a buyer and close on the sale.
- The DOM statistic is a good reference for gauging the state of the real estate market. When days on market increase beyond what is typical, it is a good sign that it is a buyer’s market. This is because when homes stay on the market longer, there is more inventory for a buyer to choose from. During times like these, it is wise for the home owner who needs a faster sale to price his home more aggressively. When homes sell faster and there is a shortage of inventory, home owners may find more flexibility in their original pricing.
- The truth is, the longer a home sits on the market, the harder it becomes to sell. When a home remains on the market for longer than it should when considering the market activity taking place around it, it becomes what is known as a “stale listing”. Stale listings can set off a couple of red flags for buyers, and it generally can mean one of a couple of different things. A stale listing may indicate that the home is not competitively priced. If the original list price is too high and scares interested buyers away, a price reduction will usually follow to generate more interest. While this may work, it may also backfire and suggest desperation on the seller’s part, giving potential buyers a more confident negotiating stance. Other times, a stale listing may indicate to potential buyers that there is something structurally wrong with the home or that it needs significant repairs that are preventing it from selling. Neither of these impressions will help the home owner sell his home, which is why it’s very important to price the home competitively while reflecting its value accurately from the start.
When you partner with NextHome SunRaye Realty and list your home for sale, your agent will review a market analysis with you that provides data on the all of the current active listings in your neighborhood, the listings that are under contract, closed sales, and expired listings. This analysis will offer you a complete picture of the local market activity currently taking place in your area and around your home. Your agent will tell you about our successful marketing programs that can assist you in selling your home quickly and at a competitive price. NextHome SunRaye agents are continuously monitoring market statistics and staying on top of neighborhood trends in order to best serve our clients. Call NextHome SunRaye today to discuss a marketing strategy for selling your home and making it stand out above the rest: (727) 343-8600.